Trance Sphere: A $502,998 Kickstarter!
"Once again Rudy has designed a simply elegant piece of artwork that also feeds the spirit, mind, and body." -- Anna K.
"What a beautiful addition to my Forge Solid Cubes. Can't wait to see the next thing you come up with." -- Susan P.
"Now I'll have a cool sphere next to my Esington glass!" -- Jason A.
Why do I need a trance sphere?
A gold pen, a solid watch, Italian leather shoes. You surround yourself with things that make your environment more beautiful, more connected, more you. The trance sphere is a striking, solid piece of brilliant copper - handcrafted precision.
Take a look at your desk. What's on it? What does it say about you?
The original perfect sphere
- Guaranteed perfection: +/- 0.01mm roundness
- Perfect mirror polish: aeronautical-grade production and QA process
- Vacuum-sealed to preserve perfect surface during transport
- 99.9%+ Copper (or Titanium) guaranteed
- Don't settle for poor quality imitations
What’s so special about copper?
- It’s Oligodynamic, which means it naturally kills germs on contact.
- We each have about 2mg of copper in our body, without which we could not survive.
- It’s dense - between lead and steel in density
- Along with gold, the only non-greyish pure metal
- Takes on its own unique hue over time and can be “reset” to brilliancy with baking soda and water (or salt and vinegar).
About the Oligodynamic Effect
Pure copper prevents growth and even kills bacteria, molds, spores, fungi, viruses and other organisms. The exact cause is unknown, but it's likely that the ions denature the protein of the cells by binding to reactive groups (precipitating and inactivating them). Copper has the strongest known effect of pure metals.
One study showed that a copper vessel filled with E. Coli and Salmonella killed the bacteria in less than half the time vs. silver and brass. Many hospitals are now using pure copper on everything from hospital beds to doorknobs in order to fight "superbugs".
How is it made?
Updated! We're now using a precision machining process to get a perfect finish. A large cylinder of copper is put onto a metal lathe and carefully worked using a CNC. This results in the most perfect finish you can imagine. Here is a video of the process:
This results in a perfect sphere, every time.
Thank you Twitterverse!